An Experience as a Traveller:
Being a traveller, from my personal experience I am explaining about environment that prevails in the NJP station, so that readers can relate themselves.
I went to Siliguri with my family by means of Darjeeling mail which reached on a sunny morning during august. As we entered the platform I watched people rushing for train and vendors are roaming about whereas some travelers are sitting quietly in the sideways reading news papers and some are lost in their own. Anyway we moved ahead through the stairs and moved along the peoples following them reaching outside the station. It was pleasant day, compared to one in Kolkata although the station looked to be crowed like normal days. Just as we were about to move out of station 2 unknown persons caught me frighten, trying to pull my hand and asking to hire them for journey and even they were saying they would book us a budget hotels somewhere in Darjeeling or Sikkim. This was my first time visiting a hill station along with family. And I had a horrible experience I must say. I choose to avoid those persons whereas another family, whom we meet in train and become friendly with us, chooses to go with them out of my confusion, although both of us were moving to same destination of Darjeeling.
NJP Most Famous Railway Station to Darjeeling:
New Jalpaiguri situated in Siliguri which is main Railway station considered as gateway to North Bengal zone. In Siliguri NJP station is the junction to north east through which we can reach Darjeeling very easily being the nearest station. NJP station is the most crowded station in North Bengal.
Taxi Stand Information:
Taxi stand is available for travelling to Darjeeling outside NJP station. We can find various vehicles available for the tour of Darjeeling from the taxi stand, right from Innova, Tata Sumo, Mercedes Benz, Bolero, Prepaid Taxi or rental car are available in the Taxi stand of the NJP station for routing to Darjeeling. Those are the best vehicles which can take you to the destination – Darjeeling in very cost effective way consuming your time. All 4 pax, 8 pax, 7 pax, 24 pax are found in both the taxi terminus which can be booked for the taxi fare from new jalpaiguri to darjeeling.
Things to Keep in Mind While Booking Taxi from NJP Station:
- Better to ignore those public which force you to go along them.
- Try to hire car/taxi from car/taxi rental services directly or take help from tour operators.
- We must follow the local chart of NJP to Darjeeling taxi fare or car rental services rates from NJP to Darjeeling for convenience of the journey.
- always try to take a taxi from the outside of the station premises.
- Book a taxi fro online portal which are rendering services in the area.
- Follow the West Bengal Tourism Departments portal and govt. taxi stand just outside of the station
- Booked or hire a taxi from the govt. prepaid taxi services and must follow the warning booklet which are hung entire station area.
- If you get any problems then please with contact with Railway Protection Force
Route from NJP to Darjeeling:
There are mainly three routes from Siliguri where we can hire any car rental or taxi service, i.e., NJP station, Siliguri Junction and Bagdogra. Taxi/Cab fare depends on the car type, distance and time. Estimated distance from Siliguri to Darjeeling is 65 km, taken approximately 1 hr 35 min to reach. Vehicles available for the car rental service are – Ac and Non- Ac Taxi, Mercedes Benz, Innova, Scorpio, etc. as required. The fare varies although an approximate average estimation for the taxi fare from NJP to Darjeeling is given below:
From NJP to Darjeeling 4 PAX taxi approx- Rs. 2,500/-
From NJP to Darjeeling 8 PAX taxi approx- Rs. 3000/-